Friday, March 23, 2012

Munich, Budapest, Prague Traveling

I am looking to go to Munich, Budapest then to Prague. I am flying from NYC. I am trying to figure out which is better to do first, fly to Munich then train/fly to Budapest or vice versa. I will end in Prague on October 4th for the New York Rangers hockey game. It seems more expensive (and longer) to fly to Budapest than to Munich from NYC. I am not set an going to Budapest (Munich and Prague are my main goals), is there another city that worth going to rather than Budapest that is more convenient for my route. I am traveling with one other person.





Any advice on which mode of travel is best? Another city I should visit? Advise on Oktoberfest? Hotels?





Any website links for hotels, flights or trains?





I appreciate any response.




|||



Hi





Munich is a very good inward destination. A great city to visit and easy rail links to orther countries and cities. It depends on your time as to if Budapest is good idea,





From Munich, obvious must see and easy by train is





Munich



Salzburg



Vienna



Bratislava



Prague





In that order.





Then decide if you have time for Budapest return from Prague. Budapest is a great city, worth 2 days IMO.





For Munich, you must book hotels now, city already full for Oktoberfest.





Stoofer




|||



Hey! New York here too! I was hoping to win the Prague Rnager game contest for oct!!! but I havent heard! lol. Hope they still didnt select a winner for the contest to prague! Im planning on going here and some other eastern european cities this month, if I can get the tour I want booked! I couldnt find a decent fare going staright to munich, as I WANT TO ONLY FLY Continental airlines. Have to fly into another city..and thats where the connections can cost quite a bit. Prices fluctuate daily, so its a matter of constantly looking for the best fare! Oh I wih I could go in oct for the games!!!..hm maybe Im still in the ruinning to win the contest! lol I went to todays playoff game and it was soo awesome!!! and yay we won!! we sure needed that or I WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY UNHAPPY!




|||



Hi there,





I have been to Budapest and Prague this year, both for 4 day short breaks. I liked them both but for different reasons, it depends what you are looking for.





In my opinion.. Prague is cheaper and better for nightlife, but Budapest is better for culture and musuems and overall much %26quot;prettier%26quot; and we found there was more of interest there for us. But both cities are really nice.





I can highly recommend the Starlight Suiten Hotel (Merleg Utca) in Budapest, if you look at my profile I have written a review.





Can also recommend Eurostars David Hotel for Prague, again I have written a review about this.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment