Thursday, March 29, 2012

Airport transfers

I don%26#39;t know if this will be of interest for anyone going to Prague soon for the first time but, as I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ve all heard the %26#39;rip-off taxi driver%26#39; stories, I have a tip that has worked for me on each of the 10 occasions I%26#39;ve visited Prague. It%26#39;s simply this - on leaving the airport, ignore the usual taxis - VW Passats etc - and look for the little Cedaz mini buses parked at the same taxi rank immediately outside the terminal. I write my destination on paper , show it to the driver and ask a price, he then waits until the bus is full (6-8 or so people) and you%26#39;re on your way. I have never been ripped off this way, the only downside is that, depending on your destination, you may be last drop off, but it%26#39;s never been too bad for me either way. Give it a try, I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll get a better deal than normal taxis.





Steve




|||



I used the Cedaz also, but paid at the actual Cedaz booth. It has the rates.




|||



I would agree with steve. No rip off. Plenty of room for luggage. They are also good when you book for return trip which is then cheaper. We northeners like a good deal.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, September 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment