Thursday, March 29, 2012

Which zone is best for solo artsy female?

I am going to be in Prague for only 3 nights and wish to stay in proximity of nice cafes and restaurants. Safety is a concern, and also charm - I want to stay in an area where I can find old world charm, art, friendly people, maybe ex-pats. Should I stay in the old town, or go further astray?




|||



You may not get all you are looking for, but Old Town or Mala Strana are best bets -- Mala Strana is perhaps a little quieter and less touristy.





Another option is Vinohrady. This is near Wenceslas Square, but is popular with the expat community and there are many restaurants and cafes. Does have charm and even less touristy.




|||



2nd vote for Old Town or any place near St. Charles Bridge. You may want to look at www.utribubnu.cz I highly recommend this hotel. It is steps from Old Town Sq and has a pub 2 steps from the front door. VERY safe area with over a dozen restaurants.




|||



I did a solo trip last fall and stayed in mala Strana. I loved my little family run hotel. I stayed at a place called House At the Big Boot.



www.volweb.cz/rippl/



It was a short walk to Old town.





The owner%26#39;s son who manages the desk at night (he%26#39;s in his 30%26#39;s) used to work in the film business in Prague. He was a great person to chat with and get a contemporary perspective on the city. I bet he would have lots of good leads on art etc..





I personally liked the small Mucha art museum and the decorative arts museum. Not huge collections but nice manageable places to visit.





I walked to lots of different places to eat but my favorite was Cafe Savoy.





Send me a personal message if you want more tips as a solo traveler. I happened to hire a local guide to show me around. But I felt safe at all times.




|||



I%26#39;ve heard the Mucha Museum is relocating. Landlord is kicking them out. Don%26#39;t know more details yet.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment