Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Czech Inn - Francouzska 76

Hello, I%26#39;m booked to stay in this hotel in October, but I%26#39;m now a little nervous about staying so far outside the tourist area. Is it easy to get to Stare Mesto from here via public transit? What is the area like? Is it worth spending the extra $50-100 per night to stay closer to town.





Please let me know what you think.





-UF




|||



I live nearby. It is not exactly the center, but it is not far out either.





Two trams, 22 and 23 will take you near Wenceslas Square, Mala Strana and right next to Prague Castle.





The metro/subway is two stops away, which will take you to the Starometska station.





The Czech Inn is a nice, modern-looking place and also has a good, homestyle cheeseburger in their pub.





It would be nice to walk out your door and be in the middle of things, but for those kind of savings, I%26#39;d go for the Czech Inn.




|||



Thanks so much. Being in Prague, I would prefer to eat a Svickova with a beer and have a good Palacinky for dessert. Are there any good, local (cheap) Czech restaurants in the neighbourhood you can recommend?





(I can get cheeseburgers at home whenever I want :-)




|||



as you walk up the street, u bulinu is on the right hand sight, good and cheap...




|||



Thank you so much! That%26#39;s just the kind of place I%26#39;m looking for! The place I frequent here in T.O. is: www.theprague.ca It%26#39;s one of my favourite places in town. I%26#39;m looking forward to all the hearty, filling food!




|||



I stayed in the Czech-Inn in 2007. Keep in mind, this is a hostel, not a hotel. It is very clean, the staff was awesome, the breakfast was good. There are private and communal rooms. The bathrooms are communal but are clean and efficient. There is no air-conditioning but in October, that is probably not a problem. The distance is not bad at all. It is maybe a 10 minute tram ride into the Old Town area. The tram stop is right out in front of the hostel. I recommend it. It is worth the savings. Save that $100 for beer, boat rides, or buying some crystal.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment