Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bars in Vinohrady or Nove Mesto to watch football

I will be in Prague during euro 2008 when the Czech Republic play Switzerland 7th june,portugal 11th june,and Turkey 15th june.





Could somebody please tell me a good bar to watch these games in or around Vinohrady or Nove mesto.





I know I could go to Legends sports bar or the other similar ex pat bars in or around the tourist area but



I would like to watch in a bar more frequented by Czech people.





I do not mind if the commentary is in Czech.





Thank you.




|||



if the weather is nice, go to the beergarden, riegrovy sady in vinohrady. best place to watch it. get there early.





otherwise they%26#39;ll be showing it in every bar, so it shouldn%26#39;t be a problem...




|||



Great suggestion!





Riegrovy sady is a fun place to watch the games (and the people watch) in summer. Young crowd, locals and expats. Gets very crowded -- tables and benches, get your own beer and sausage. Here%26#39;s a blog post on it:



…blogspot.com/2007/07/riegrovy-sady-beer-gar…





I also made a video on the beer garden:



…blogspot.com/2007/…riegrovy-sady-movie.html




|||



Thats great,thank you both.





Although I did walk around the park a couple of months back around 8 in the morning I did not notice the beer garden.





Would it be best to enter the park to get to the beer garden from Italska or the zizkov side of the park ?




|||



Take a look at Google maps so you can judge for yourself:





http://maps.google.com/maps





Just search for: Riegrovy sady, Prague





The beer garden is in the top left corner of the park (based on the map). I usually come from Wenceslas Square so I come up Italska. It is a bit of an uphill walk -- but there is one of the best views of Prague from the top of the hill in the park.




|||



Thanks Brewsta.





Thats the entrance I entered through,I was just not aware of the position in the park of the beer garden.





I have a pretty good map of prague but obviously it does not show the beer garden position.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment