Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Looking for a snow resort......

Greetings from Portugal, everyone!



I will be in the Czech Republic next week, from 15th to 21th. The first 2 or 3 days in Plzen (visiting family) and the rest in Prague.





During my stay, I would like to go to a snow resort for 1 day to ski, going out in the morning, taking a bus or train, spend the whole day and returning at night.





Considering my 2 stops (Plzen and Prague), considering the weather (I know the Liberec area has more snow, but it is also on the oposite side of the country), considering that I am no pro (just want some fun) and distances I might have to travel just for 1 day, what options do I have? What spots should I consider, and how to get there?.........





Please help me, as any reply will certainly help me to better plan my vacation.



Thanks in advance for alll replies!!!




|||



The most popular amoungst my friends (I have not been) is Spindleruv Mlyn.




|||



Oh, ok, great!



:-)



How can I get there? Bus, train?...



Is it closer to Prague or Plzen?




|||



Here you find a lot of info:





www.ceskehory.cz/krkonose/default_gb.asp




|||



Spindleruv mlyn is closer to Prague than to Plzen, but it is a 3 hour bus journey - morning departure 0900 from Černý most bus station, arrive c. 1140



Back again dep. 1645 or 1715. Cost c. 160 crowns each way, 143 km.




|||



Thanks, GCEK!



However, is there any ski resort near (or between) Plzen and Prague?........




|||



Short answer - no! There may be an artificial slope, but there is nothing that I know of, unless some mountains have sprung up while I have been away :)




|||



from Prague you can visit Jested ski resort, only 1 hour bus ride from Cerny most bus terminal {and final stop of yellow line B}. Student agency buses run this route every hour I guess. THe destination is called LIBEREC and once you come there, just hop on tram number 3 and get to it%26#39;s final stop Horni Hanychov, which is located 100m from the slope.




|||



There is a skibus that goes directly to the ski run from Prague cerny most www.snowhill.cz/index/doprava.do?areal=6 it is all in Czech, but you could probably find someone to help you out when you are there. It looks as though the bus goes at 7.15 am and only goes dependent on the number of people who have made reservations - weekends are the best.



To see whether this place still has any snow, go to www.snih.cz, click on %26#39;jizerske hory%26#39; and then %26#39;jested%26#39; - it will give you the depth of snow, temperature, etc. Again, all in Czech, but this is a bit more obvious.




|||



Great tips!



Thank you very much for all the answers!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment