Saturday, April 21, 2012

Help!!! Transportation to Bratislava

Hi all. Skyeurope just cancelled my booking due to their change of summer schedule (bummer). Now I have to find another way to go to Bratislava. Is it possible to reserve a train ticket? Hydrofoil? My travel date would be mid April.



Thanks.




|||



From where? The hydrofoil has its limitations, and I can%26#39;t think of a way that it might be able to reach Bratislava efficiently from the Czech Republic using such a means of transport. :)



Did they not offer you an alternative?




|||



From Prague.



I checked, there is actually a hydrofoil from Prague to Bratislava. But it will start running from 26 April. Too late for me.



And no, the skyeurope does not offer alternative. They only offer a free re-booking. But I can not change my travelling date anyway.



I know there is train to Bratislava. I don%26#39;t know if I need to reserve in advance or if I can just show up at the station and buy the ticket on the spot.



I don%26#39;t want to go to the station and be told that there is no more seat left. Then I will lose time and money (for the accommodation in Bratislava and for another night in Prague).




|||



Wow - this must be a very special hydrofoil - let me know more! There is no continuous waterway between the two cities that I know of so this journey would be quite difficult.



Seriously, though - You must be thinking of Budapest - Bratislava - Vienna, which is physically possible and there is such a service.



As for the train, you can get a ticket on the day for the trains to Bratislava. It never sells out (at least I have never seen it %26#39;sold out%26#39; and I must have been on that train over one hundred times). It costs about 500 Crowns/20 Euros 2nd class, or 760 Crowns/30 Euros first class.



Journey time, about 4 hours - fastest trains go from Prague-Holesovice station.




|||



Oh yeah. maybe it is bratislava-vienna and not prague. Sorry. :D



but anyway, if there was a hydrofoil, it will start running on 26 april so I%26#39;m not going to check on that again.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment