Monday, April 23, 2012

Drinking real beer in Prague

%26quot;Svijany, Rohozec, Klášter, Herold, Regent, Černá Hora Moravské Sklepní Nefiltrované, Platan 11° and Prachenská Perla, Primátor Weizen and Polotmavé.





I rather give my money to smaller regional breweries, usually they are people who really care about their product (Bernard being one of them). Most of the beers listed above, if not all of them, will be cheaper, than Pilsner Urquell bottled, let alone anything from Krušovice.%26quot;





Hello folks, I mean, Cau folks, I like the look of the above list of beers.



I am planning my *first visit* to Prague. I have been told Bernard is the type of beer I shall enjoy, and now I see the name Bernard mentioned here.



I need to do some homework about pivos and pivovars. I understand I need to avoid touristy places, coz I shall be looking for unpasteurised beers.





Any tips, prosim.





Greetings from sarf west London, where I only drink real cask ale.



Na zdravil,




|||



A great place you can go to explore all that is Pivovarsky Klub, Krizikova 17, Praha 8, Karlin. Metro Florenc opposite Karlinske divadlo.



They have 6 beers on tap. mostly from regional brewers or microbrewers from all over the country, and they also have over 200 bottled beers not only from Czech but also imported.



Unfortunately most microbrewers will not bottle their beers and you will have to go to their brewpubs to sample them, though you can visit a few brewpubs in Prague and around.



I have a blog about, mostly, Czech beer, there I have posted a self guided %26quot;beer hunting tour%26quot; (…blogspot.com/2008/01/some-serious-beer-hunt…), there are other posts about more places that are not listed there.



Otherwise, if you can find it, get Evan Rail%26#39;s book, %26quot;The Good Beer Guide - Prague %26amp; The Czech Republic.%26quot;



Hope it will help you.



MAX



http://pivni-filosof.blogspot.com/



PS: Bernard makes really outstanding lagers, all of them unpasteurised, when coming here, look for the bottles with the swing cap....




|||



http://www.classiccitybrew.com/prague.html



this will give you a list of some great beerhalls,pubs ans micro breweries.



lots of places to try and all within easy reach of the city center.



on of my favourite beers was the St.Norberts amber ale in the Klasterini Pivovar.



Have a look at Pivero%26#39;s blog for some great beer places.



http://pivni-filosof.blogspot.com/




|||



Hey thank you for your prompt replies.





Yeah I just got hold of Evan Rail%26#39;s GBG.



I picked it up at The London Drinker Beer Festival, Kings Cross, London last week.





MAX, I like the pivni-filosof blog. Yeah it does help a lot :O)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment