Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kind of bags that women/men carry in Prague?

Hi, going to Prague this summer and want to travel safely in terms of pickpockets/security of belongings.





Questions: I want to keep a low profile and not be especially obvious as an American tourist. I will be dressing nicely, not dressy but neatly. Think I should use one of those practical, Magellan-type shoulder purses (with cutproof reinforced strap), or better to I carry a normal but secure shoulder bag? Also, do European men carry messenger style bags? If so, my husband might be the one to do the carrying. Thanks.






|||



I saw shoulder bags, purses,.. backpacks. I carry a shoulder bag. I keep my important stuff in an inside zippered pocket. Kept the flap towards me also. I detest backpack people, always banging into peoples faces in a crowd and on the plane, never seem to have a clue how much mayhem and annoyance they cause. Amuses me though when I read how they are pickpocketed unaware. My god, the thing is behind you, how can you expect to guard your stuff!! Sorry for my diatribe but just getting back from my trip and those bags were so annoying..arrgh!! Also, of course, some men carry shoulder bags. It is handy to have you both carry your own, then you can lighten the load equally, and keep a copy of each others passport in the opposite bag in case one does get stolen, you have a backup, also supplies, and some cash in the other bag. We also each carry different credit cards so if we have to cancel one the other person has one we can use. Never had a problem so far, :) PS, wear comfortable shoes, whatever they are.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment