Saturday, April 21, 2012

CZK or Euro?

I%26#39;m going to Prague in april for my stag weekend, ut am confused over the currency. Do pubs and bars accept both? I thought they only used the euro.




|||



I am just retuning from Prague. My hotel accepted both the euro and the ck crown. Everywhere else I paid with ck crowns so i do not know if the pub and bars accept the euro or not. I would think they would but not sure. Hopefully another advisor can tell you for sure. The Czech Republic is not scheduled to convert fully to the euro until 2012, so the ck crown will still be the official currency till then.




|||



definitely crowns, should I bring pound or euro when going to the UK?




|||



Czk Czk Czk Czk all the way.



Yes some places accept Eurois but will be at totally rip off exchange rate.



buy some crowns before you go and use ATM%26#39;s from there on .




|||



Hi



If you have to buy your crowns before you travel go to Marks and Spencers, stay well away from travel agents, the post office and the banks.



Jackie




|||



vcelak, for spending money, use pounds in England. Hotels will prolly take anything.




|||



Jackie34, I agree with you.



Best place for ccy is M%26amp;S.





I understand the ATMs in prague payout 1000s and 2000 notes.



What smaller notes am I likely to get at M%26amp;S exchange?




|||



I have bought Crowns out of M%26amp;S on several occasions and never had anything larger than a 500.




|||



Cashpoints deinitely give out less than 1000s, unless you ask for amounts in quantities of 1000, but I suppose it depends on what is in there (much like UK cashpoints). I have taken out 400 before quite successfully, and I never change money in the UK, especially not now with the exchange rates going all haywire.




|||



Thank you. That is most helpful.



I suppose I need to get a few crowns from M%26amp;S to take with me, (do I?) and then draw my beer tokens, sorry, I mean spending money from the ATM at Prague airport using my NWide card.




|||



Yes, but if you do, just get the bare minimum - maybe 1000 for an emergency. After all, you will not need any Crowns on your way from the plane to the arrivals hall. 1000 Crowns will comfortably get you to the city centre by taxi with change left over for a meal/few beers in case the cashpoint in the airport isn%26#39;t working - it will go even further if you get the bus :)



Make sure you have some money in your Nationwide account as well - it always helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment