Saturday, April 21, 2012

day trip from Prague

we will be in Prague for 6 days and would like to take a couple day trips, where could we go by either bus or train and return in the evening?




|||



I should mention we will be there the last weekend and first few days of June.




|||



I just returned from Prague 3 days ago, I did day trips to Tabor and Karlstejn. Both towns have castles and are walkng distance from the train stations. Karlstejn is about 40 minutes away by train and Tabor is about 1 hour and 50 minutes away. Tabor,s old town area dates back to medieval days. I went on a Sunday so not too many area%26#39;s were open and sadly for me the castle was closed, but i enjoy just walking though the narrow old cobblestone streets admiring ancient architecture and putting myself back in time say 500 years ago. The view from the castle area down over the valley and the lake is beautiful. Its about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the train station to the old town area. I had lunch in one of the small eateries off of old town. There are other town the tour company%26#39;s run buses to



but i was looking for something off the beaten track.



You should have a great time there. It is very easy to get around. The city is kept very clean and the sights are wonderful. Food wise they are meat and potatoes kind of people, not too many veggies are on the menu%26#39;s there. I did walking tours my first two days there to get to know the area%26#39;s of the city then did my own exploring after that. CS




|||



I realize its 3 hours each way, but Cesky Krumlov look so beautiful. Haven%26#39;t been there myself, planning this May but can%26#39;t wait.





If you want to see what different cities look like, go to www.flickr.com In the search feature type city name. Very helpful when your trying to decide.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment