Saturday, April 21, 2012

Under 18 in restaurant and pubs

Hi



Starting to pack for yet another Prague trip!





This time it will be a family trip with inlaws and 16 year old daughter.



Will we have trouble getting in to traditional places for a meal or a beer with a teenager? She is easily mistaken to be a few years older!








|||



Hi





I think you won%26#39;t have any problems. I%26#39;m 21 and to be honest and I%26#39;ve never had problems with this at your daughters age even when I was ordering beer myself.




|||



I might add that she wont be having beer!




|||



I%26#39;m sorry if it sounded like i wanted her do drink beer. I just wanted to say that it won%26#39;t be problem for her do drink it so going to pub for a lunch is absolutely ok.




|||



%26quot;I might add that she wont be having beer!%26quot;





Is that your choice, or her%26#39;s, ha ha. ;)




|||



Yes it is, at least as long as I´m sitting next to her!




|||



When my three daughters were that age I taught them %26quot;responsible drinking%26quot;. They had a gulp of *Dad%26#39;s beer*, pulled a face or not, depending on whether they liked the flavour of hops, and got on with the drink of *their* choice. They are now thirty somethings and know how to drink sensibly. By banning beer your dau will react and do it - and other things - behind your back. It%26#39;s your family; do as you think correct.



na zdravi!




|||



We could go on forever about this, but lets rely on or own different parenting skills and i also bid you





na zdravi!








|||



I was born and raised in Czech republic. No worries. I remember me being 12 and sitting with my parents in a pub, them having a samll beer and me an ice cream with fruits all the time. We are much more open to this then in US.




|||



I do hope that you and yours will have a great time in Prague.



Nice talking to you AndersE :O)




|||



Thanks to all of you.





Starting to feel the excitement now in the last hours at work, then one day of relaxing and packing, and then up and away.





Special thanks to Pivero and his blog, wich will take me to some hidden gems that I never would have found on my own!





Glad Påsk! (Happy Easter)





AE

No comments:

Post a Comment