Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Help wanted 4 booking 4 parents 60th birthday treat.

Hi all,



I%26#39;ve been looking around alot of sites for a weekend break to Prague for my parents 60th this year and don%26#39;t really know what I%26#39;m looking for.



Basically I need a hotel close to the attractions as my mother is not good on her feet.



I want to pre-book some tours for them too so they don%26#39;t have to worry about them either.



Looking at a budget of up to £600 for them both, this is the top end. Looking at packing them off in May %26#39;08 from Leeds/Bradford.



Any websites or advice would be very much appreciated.



Thank you in advance





Greg




|||



I recommend checking hotels proximity to Old Town Square. Bellagio looks nice and has good reviews. We stayed at the Golden Tulip Terminus, which I would recommend, but is probably too far for your mother to walk to the main tourist sites. Often the hotel can arrange tours and other bookings. If you want them to enjoy the Opera, Music Theatre, or Ballet you can arrange that through www.bohemiaticket.cz/WBS/ang/program.php




|||



hi



we stayed in the savic hotel which is right in the old town so main sights are within a short walk,dont know what price they charge in may ,jet2.com fly from leeds/bradford.




|||



Hi Greg,





We recently stopped in U Prince hotel in the Old Square. This hotel was really well located for all the sights. The Castle district would be a little too far for your Mum to walk to.( Nearly killed me!!!) but the Old Square, Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter and Wenceslas Square are all within a ten minute stroll.



Very nice staff, excellent English speakers. I%26#39;d send my parents there.



I wrote a reveiw of the hotel, have a read if you get a chance.




|||



I would be looking for hotels on the Old Town side. The castle side is beautiful but the hill would be hard for older folk. The old town side is flat.





A good web site for hotel locations is Venere.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment