Friday, March 23, 2012

Romantic 1st anniversary dinner

I%26#39;m looking for suggestions for a romantic spot to celebrate our first wedding anniversary (middle of May). Places with a nice terrace/patio area would be great. We already have Kampa Park on our list, any others? (Kampa Park is at the very top of our price range).




|||



I heard Kampa is the best and nicest place to eat. I don%26#39;t know first hand, but the guy I just hired is from Prague and told me this. Of course, that is in his opinion.




|||



I%26#39;ve been looking for the same thing canucknyc, but for our five-year anniversary.





I had already reserved a table at Kampa%26#39;s riverside terrace, but after doing a little math, I realized that dropping $300 would be extremely easy to do there (and yes, the weakening dollar doesn%26#39;t help things one bit), so I ultimately cancelled it.





Here%26#39;s what I%26#39;ve heard so far...





1) Kampa Park probably has the best location/views.





2) Food is hit or miss, some seemed to really enjoy it, others were quite astonished at how bad it was. The one consistent thing I%26#39;ve seen is that you do NOT want to order the venison, for whatever that%26#39;s worth.





Other restaurants that I%26#39;ve come across that might intrigue you...





La Degustation



Palffy Palac





And a link to a few others I%26#39;m not sure about...





www.chowbaby.com/10_2006/ArticlesNew.asp…





Good luck!






|||



I%26#39;d suggest Svata Klara - it%26#39;s a very romantic place built in the old wine cellars. It%26#39;s expensive, but worth of it. http://www.svataklara.cz/




|||



I think the view is quite magical and, for that reason, I recommend it to visitors. But I live here so it doesn%26#39;t wow me as much and I don%26#39;t want to pay for it.





I ate there about a year ago and was not terribly impressed, especially for the money. Then again, only half the dishes at Gordon Ramsay%26#39;s Maze here impressed me (for similar money).





I%26#39;ve heard nothing but raves about La Degustation (no view), but it costs even more than Kampa Park.





You can get the same great Charles Bridge view on the big terrace at Hergetova Cihelna (weather permitting), costs a bit less than Kampa Park, but food is upscale, but not mind-blowing.





Kogo at Slovansky Dum has a nice outdoor courtyard -- away from street, but no view. I like it there, but can be busy -- may or may not find it romantic.





I%26#39;ve heard some good things about this place, good view from rooftop terrace, but never been myself so can%26#39;t say:





http://www.goldenwellhotel.com/dining-en.html




|||



The Terrace at U Zlate Studne (The Golden Well) has a fabulous view of all of Prague!





Great location along the castle wall, top service, and the food was superior (last September).





We stayed at the hotel too and everything about it was first class.





Congratulations on your wedding/honeymoon!




|||



nebozizek.cz/nebozizek/html/nebozizek1.htm




|||



Wow thanks for the great suggestions %26amp; info, everyone! Now I have a tough decision to make...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment