Friday, March 23, 2012

Bus from Prague to Vienna

I am interested to take a one-way bus from Prague to Vienna in July.





I have checked out Prague Eurolines and although they provide this service, they charge 570,00 CZK/ person which is a bit steep.





I have also found that student agency offers this bus service at 12 euro but I can only booked it when I reached Prague and I am afraid that there is no more ticket since it is the peak season.





Is there any other alternatives which I can take or does anyone has any comments about the two buses above?





Thank you very much in advance.




|||



570 CZK is quite cheap in my opinion...





Whenever I travel, I take the train... faster, flexible, much more comfortable, much safer and much more environment friendly.




|||



It is not too expensive to take the train. It is worth it. You will be there in 4 hours.




|||



Hi,





How much will a train ride cost?





I will be purchasing the Eurorail Select Pass and sadly, it does not cover train sto and from Prague so I thought of just taking a bus directly.




|||



It is 33 Euros (about 850 Crowns), but it is worth it for the extra comfort and speed.





Student Agency tickets can actually be booked on-line, but for some stupid reason they haven%26#39;t seen fit to translate their website into English. It%26#39;s OK for me, but for those who can%26#39;t speak Czech it is a nightmare - there is no harm in trying at their booth in the airport, though. I can%26#39;t see that route being amazingly busy, even in the summer - most people get the train.




|||



Hi,





Thanks for the reply. Ya, I am unable to read Czech so unable to book online back in my home country without any help.





As I have a slightly tighter budget so prefer to take bus but i will re-evaluate my plans as it get nearer. Really appreciate all your help a lot.




|||



Edmund,



Hi, do you mind if i ask what is your route fly from Singapore to Prague and how much it cost?




|||



Hi,





Sure, As I will be going for Stockholm to exchange, I will be taking a flight from Singapore to Stockholm between flying to Eastern Europe for backpacking.





You will be there too?




|||



Edmund,



Backpacking? Wow.. Tot to do it when i was young, but.. :( How long is your trip in Eastern Europe?





Plan to go on coming CNY long holiday. Tot to spend 4days in Prague then 3days in Amsterdam or Vienna. Which airline are you taking? and how much it cost? So far the airline offer lowest rate is USD1188 from KLM which fly from KL and exchange in Amsterdam.




|||



Hi,





I have private message u. Perhaps I share with u the information through email?




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:38 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment