Friday, March 23, 2012

Great Hotel in very central location of Prague

We are going to Prague in June and would like a recommendation for a great hotel very centrally located. My husband will be working so I will be on my own during the day and want to be able to easily walk to points of interest.Will be there for 4 days. Any suggestions please on what are the %26quot;must do%26quot; sights and activities in Prague.






|||



After researching hotels for the past few months, I%26#39;ve come to the conclusion that even if your hotel is outside of the city centre, the public transportation is excellent, and the city is walkable (depending on your physical status). I%26#39;m travelling solo and staying a bit outside of the centre....saving a bit of $$, and I%26#39;m not worried about it at all.




|||



I stayed at a nice small family run hotel in Mala Strana that was a short wlk from the Charles Bridge and the sights of Old Town. I agree public transportation made it very easy to get around as well. But many of the tourist sights are in a small compact area.





My hotel was House At The Big Boot. It%26#39;s in a historic building that has been restored. It was very quiet. The owners live on-site and were happy to answer lots of questions.





I was a solo traveler and ended up hiring a guide to take me around Old Town. I really enjoyed having a local to ask questions of but I also didn%26#39;t want to be part of a HUGE group of tourists so I liked the personal tour guide. Since it was just the two of us, we could avoid certain streets when other tour groups invaded and come back later when things had quieted down. Her name is Dana Chaloupka and she is a licensed tour guide. www.sweb.cz/travelcz/ She can also tailor the tour to your interests. My brother is a firefighter and asked me to visit the Prague fire station. Dana managed to arrange (through back channels) a visit for me and I got lots of T-shirts, patches and hats for my brother from the Prague Central Fire Station.





I think the must do sights include the Castle Area, the many great Art Deco and Art Nouveau buildings in Old Town, the Jewish Quarter, the Charles Bridge, I really enjoyed a trip to the National Theater for a play. I enjoyed the small Mucha museum and the Decorative Arts Museum. I guess it all really depends on what interests you.




|||



KAMILA HOTEL, Praha 6, is near Prague Castle. It%26#39;s in a safe, quiet, really nice residential neighborhood. The room was very spacious. It reminded us of a Swiss chalet with the wooded A-frame ceiling. The bathroom had been recently remodeled. The breakfast was amazing which included champagne with orange juice and coffee each morning.





We walked (or took the street car) into town each day and visited surrounding neighborhoods. We had one meal in Old Town. It was reasonably priced and and delicious. The best part was knowing Czech and just pointing to a dish on the menu. I ordered a wonderful beef dish with red bell peppers, potatoes, carrots, and peas in a heavy sauce. It was different - and wonderful.





Don%26#39;t forget to eat and shop outside of Old Town for better quality and cheaper prices. Have a great time!




|||



Post Scrip: Sorry, I meant to say that it was fun not knowing Czech. We couldn%26#39;t read the menu and the teenage waiter spoke no English. So we pointed to a dish and crossed out fingers. It was a fun experience!




|||



if you dont mind an apartment I can really recommend you Karolina residence managed by Prague city apartments. It is well situated and very nice equipped. Also the service was great.



For visiting I suggest Old Town and Prague Castle. But also going outside the Prague is very interesting. I mean Karlstjen (one-day trip)




|||



Prague is a great city, I%26#39;ve been there about 10 times. It%26#39;s very true that the public transportation is excellent in Prague. My most recent trips have been very short (taking relatives around) so I prefer to stay in the most central locations and cheap. My favorite place is the Charles Bridge B%26amp;B. You can%26#39;t beat the location and the price is very inexpensive. Try bookings.com to arrange your stay. Enjoy!




|||



I recommend U Tri Bubnu. It is very affordable and steps away from the Astro. Clock and the main street that leads you to the bridge. They speak fluent English and the receptionist could not be nicer.





If you have more money to spend...then you may want to look into the U Prince for the views.




|||



I always use the Central on Rybna, Praha 1. Good value for the location, 3 mins to Old Sqaure/5 to Wenceslas. And the Chateau Rouge bar is round the corner.




|||



We are staying in the Savic Hotel this summer...looks beautiful and centrally located.




|||



We stayed at The Cloister Inn for four days in early April and will definitely use it again for our next trip to Prague. It%26#39;s a three star hotel which has a good standard of decor and is spotlessly clean (great powershowers!). The staff were friendly and helpful, and there%26#39;s as much free tea and coffee as you like in the reception area, along with newspapers and free internet access. While the hotel is only minutes%26#39; walk from the Old Town Square, the Charles Bridge and Narodni trida, it%26#39;s located in a quiet street and the hotel itself has great soundproofing - in terms of both external noise and noise between rooms. The hotel was busy when we were there but it was still incredibly tranquil. It%26#39;s in an excellent location for exploring on foot and is only about five minutes%26#39; walk from the metro station at Narodni trida and a number of tram routes. It also has the added advantage of being around the corner from U Medvidku, one of Prague%26#39;s best brewery-pubs! We paid a total of €410 for both of us for 4 nights including breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment