Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A tip for future visitors and a query for the locals

Hi





As someone who will shortly be visiting Prague for the first time I have a tip for forum users and a query for any of the %26quot;locals%26quot;.





The query first.



On the excellent Web Camera site:



http://www.praguewebcam.com/



one can see various parts of the city including Wenceslas Square. My query is, is the camera looking Northward?





The tip ?



I consider myself fairly well travelled and ever since webcams have been available have always made a point of studying them just before leaving home to see what the weather is like.





This morning at 0900 in London I can see the umbrellas were out in the old square :)





I hope the weather is going to improve in the next few weeks !




|||



http://www.standard.cz/en/prague-webcam





Here is another set of cams for you, great one if you click on Charles Bridge .



I loved your photos especially the now and then in Trieste it nust have been very emotional for you.



You will love Prague have a wonderfull time, where are you staying?



TORII




|||



Hi TorII





At Hotel Pariz , can%26#39;t get enough of Mucha :)





Glad you like the before %26amp; after pics !





Ron




|||



Good choice of hotel Ron .



TORII




|||



I would suggest it is pointing SE





http://tinyurl.com/4lveqw




|||



Hi PraguePivo





Brilliant reply !





Many thanks for a prompt and helpful response.





Ron




|||



As a visitor who has spent the last four and a half days in Prague, I can attest to the fact that, with the exception of yesterday, it has been either overcast or drizzly every day. Coming from London, you%26#39;ll be prepared for the cold. I was not and was disappointed not to find more spring-like weather. But I was warned by all the weather websites I visited before I packed that it would not exceed about 13C. And, sure enough, most days, especially with a constant breeze, it feels even colder.





But Prague is a great place to visit. This was my first trip and I%26#39;m sure that I will return someday, although not in the near future. There are so many other places to see first.




|||



Hi,



These weather sites may be of use:



Check out this site. In the middle of the page (History %26amp; Almanac) you can put in any date from 1996 and it will give you the weather on that given day/week/month



http://www.wunderground.com



Weather2Travel.com is also good %26amp; can tell you humidity, hrs of sunshine etc.



I hope the weather picks up for you. We were there in %26#39;07 from 30th April for 5 days %26amp; it was lovely; we were in T-shirts %26amp; maybe a light 2nd layer.



Regards




|||



Many thanks Lust4Travel %26amp; Nephthya for your help.





The site that gives past weather conditions is completely new to me and I have already passed it on to others :)





Regards





Ron




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment