Friday, March 23, 2012

Prague to Zurich in May

Hi!! Just wanted to find advice for my trip. We will be travelling from Prague to Zurich on May 26. What is the best option? Train, Airplane, etc. We need a really good deal. Thank you!!




|||



All the research that I came up with costs roughly $300 by plane. I couldn%26#39;t find too many budget airlines that offered this flight. German Wings was one of the smaller airlines and it was still expensive. Train would take roughly 13 hours. So, if it were me...I would eat the money and take the plane. I HATE wasting precious vacation time traveling. I rather be in the city for more hours. If there are other airports near Zurich I would possibly check those. Try Easyjet and Skyeurope to see if anything else is close by.




|||



I just looked at SkyEurope. There is a flight for 950cz from Prague to Milan, Italy. You could take a train from Milan to Zurich (approx 4 hrs). I%26#39;m not sure if this would work with your budget or travel itinerary. It is just something to maybe consider. You would also have to find out if the train leaves from the area of Milan (Bergano, sp?) airport.





I guess look into the direct train option also...but 13 hours is long? You may be better off spending the $300 for a regular non-stop flight.




|||



It%26#39;s to be said, the route by train is, at least in the Austria part, very scenic. So, if You%26#39;re interested in...



Or, maybe the best opinion, is the direct night train, which is in fact no time-waste (you%26#39;d be sleepeng anyway) and is much cheaper (in advance of min. 3 days from 49 EUR).




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment