Friday, March 23, 2012

restaurants in Mala Strana or Hradcany

I will be travelling to Prague June in a Hotel in Nerudova street. Me and my wife will arrange an evening in a restaurant for my sister and her family who happens also to be in the city and in the same castle area . She has two boys aged 10 and six years old. I%26#39;d like to know some good restaurants near that location which have outside dining with a scenic view if possible (not kampa restaurants!).



Thanks!





Anyone tried Gitanes btW?




|||



I haven%26#39;t been to Gitanes, but Luka Lu on Ujezd in Mala Strana is owned by the same people and has great Balkan food.





Nearby, Little Whale on Maltezske Namesti has outdoor seating in good weather, good cooking (Irish chef) and reasonable prices. It is a nice, relatively quiet square. I also like Cafe de Paris across the street (which has some outdoor seating).




|||



Gitanes is very good and reasonable, but no view. The Alchymist restaurant has a garden, which is like a beach, but I am not sure if it is opened again. The Aria hotel has a terrace on the roof top which is sensational. They also offer picknick baskets for the beautiful gardens next to the hotel.




|||



Thanks both of you! I think I would go for both luka lu/Gitanes and the little whale. Cafe de Paris has Stella Artois on tap and I won%26#39;t drink that. Coda roof terrace was already in my plan. How is this place for lunch? Does it offer a separate lunch menu or is it a la carte?







Another restaurant I would like to try again is Kogo. Is it still good? Or has it come new restaurants with both nice ambience and good food that you experts will suggest insead of Kogo? I like to try new places. Thanks again!




|||



I love the Kogo Slovansky Dum courtyard in the warm weather. Very nice atmosphere -- away from the street, usually a lot of people. But I stopped going so regularly as the prices have gotten quite high. Used to be the greatest bargain. But a big place and usually packed.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment