Tuesday, April 17, 2012

For beer lovers in Prague at the end of May

Something huge is going to happen. Pivní Festival Praha, Prague Beer Fest.



First edition of a beer event that aims to become one of the most important in the world.



Check out their webpage http://www.pivnifestivalpraha.cz/en/



Quite a few different beers, only Czech brands, no imported eurolagers. Even beer for dogs.



Pints going for 40CZK a piece (quite pricey). Sitting space for 10000. Waitresses in traditional costumes, concerts, food, the works.



Of course, I will be there.....



Na Zdraví



MAX



http://pivni-filosof.blogspot.com/






|||



By no Eurolagers, do you mean no Staropramen, etc, either?



Wow - 40CZK. I suppose it is cheaper than the Oktoberfest, though (I can see where this is going...) Will they be serving %26#39;tupláky%26#39; as well?



BTW my neighbour came home yesterday with a big box with a familiar logo on the side - %26#39;Primator%26#39;. Apparently you can get it here in the UK, but only through a wine club, and then at £2 a bottle (with a special 50% offer at Xmas) - despite what I said earlier, it did tug at the old beer strings, but not at that price!




|||



pivero thanks for the info and link. Actually going to be in Prague during the festival.





Does anyone know what the taxi fare will be from Old Town to the fairgrounds? Or how to reach there with public transportation?





Sounds like a great time for lots of people.




|||



Tram number 17 from Staroměstská - 10 minutes. Get off at Výstaviště (about 5 stops)



Or you can get the metro from Staroměstská to nádraží Holešovice and walk back a bit.



Actually a taxi is probably the last form of transport I would consider during that period! Avoid them like the plague at the best of times, but during an beer festival likely to be attended by loads of drunken Brits? No thanks!




|||



Sigh......sigh......sigh......





I WANT to go to PRAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!






|||



GCEK thanks.




|||



GCEK,



good point with Staropramen, that whay I said %26quot;imported%26quot; eurolagers, we%26#39;ve got enough domestic ones here, thank you :(. The point I wanted to make is that InBev and Heineken won%26#39;t be able to peddle their beer scented liquids at the festival.





As for Primátor, I%26#39;m not a fan of their %26quot;regular%26quot; stuff, but I love their stronger beers, that is their A game.





I also hope your predictions about drunken Brits of the stag group variety (I%26#39;ve got a couple of Brit friends who are a lot of fun to be with when drunk) won%26#39;t become a reality. But I guess it%26#39;s just wishful thinking. (maybe the organisers can put a %26quot;Not stag groups%26quot; sign at the door, as I%26#39;ve seen several pubs in the centre do)





Getting there, also trams 5, 12 and 14 go to Vystaviště, all from different parts of the centre. 5 in fact, ends there.





There isn%26#39;t a detailed beer line up yet. Unfortunately, it seems that the smaller breweries won%26#39;t be represented enough. That can change for next year. This thing has come pretty much out of nowhere, and it has surprised everyone in the beer world here.





Na Zdraví!



MAX



http://pivni-filosof.blogspot.com/




|||



I am now seriously considering making a trip to Prague.might have to curtail my Whisky tour in May ,but will be discussing this festival with some friends at the weekend.



Beer for Dogs??? most of the dogs I go out with drink wine!




|||



Tets won%26#39;t drink beer, he has no taste its all Baileys and sweet stuff he goes for.





Unfortunately think I should be busy giving birth at the end of May or I%26#39;d have headed over.




|||



are you going to name the baby after your favourite beer .



Star....... opramen.



Btw we now have a girl working in the Uni who is from Plzen.she was laughing at all the photos of Prague,Plzen and Kutna Hora I have plastered on the walls of my office.




|||



Nope she%26#39;s being named after my beloved Grandma that we lost 2 years ago.





Now if we get another dog, that might be a different matter. (Although I%26#39;m not allowed a puppy cos Tetley is soooo naughty and spoilt at times)

No comments:

Post a Comment