Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Suggestions on where to stay

We are going to Cesky Krumlov for one night in Sept 08 from Prague before we head into Austria. Could anyone please recommend some inexpensive (less than 100 euros) places that are close to town?



Thanks!




|||



I stayed in Cesky Krumlov this past November at a lovely place called Pension Kapr - it is a small, beautifully appointed house and is reasonable and convenient to all. If you search on the internet, you can look at the website and photos of the rooms. Hope this is helpful!




|||



Hi Jefric, hope you see this. I did a search for Pension Kaprit and it does not exist. Can you provide the website address.



Thanks, Fran




|||



Fran -





Here is a link to a site showing Penzion Kapr - hope this is helpful.





Jeff





http://www.ckrumlov.info/docs/en/uby82.xml




|||



Thanks, Jefric, will take a look. Fran




|||



Although I have not stayed at Kapr I have seen it and want to stay there next time! Lovely location, away from the crowds but very easy walking distance from everything.





Last week I posted a list of B%26amp;B%26#39;s I would recommend as well. We have never paid over 50 euros for a double at CK.




|||



chefathome --





could you send me a link to your thread about the B%26amp;Bs?



Thanks! I will look into pension kapr also.




|||



i stayed there in aug 07 and there were plenty of vacent room signs all less than 50 euro




|||



Try Pension Ve Vezi. It%26#39;s a 14th-century stone tower on the Latran side.




|||



I stayed at the Hotel Konvice in 2004 and thought it was just great. Big room, nice furnishing, with a nice view once you step outside. Best breakfast I had in the Czech Republic. Not all staff speak english but we worked through it. I paid about $45 per night, was going to stay two nights but I liked it so much I stayed three. I just noticed this hotel is now rated #2 by Tripadvisor users. Lots of helpful reviews. You can also get more info from this link:



www.cesky-krumlov-hotels.cz/konvice.html




|||



We just came back from Krumlov (yes, in February) and chose the Pension Barbikan because it was close to the center (one long street) and also to the bus station (2 long uphill streets) because we needed to walk to the bus to go to Prague. Great choice! We had a room overlooking the river, and could have opened the window to hear the sound of rushing water had it been warmer weather. Avoid front rooms because of the yound-people%26#39;s music and dance pub across the street, but nice kids. Breakfast pretty good. Wi-Fi in room for around $2 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment