Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Reservation for bus from prague to cesky krumlov

Hi,





Does anyone know how do I reserve bus ticket from prague to Cesky Krumlov and also the return ticket?



Thank you





Chien Joo






|||



For decades I have been riding inter-city buses in the Czech Republic (and Czechoslovakia), and I never saw anyone reserve a ticket. I honestly don%26#39;t think there is such a thing as a %26quot;reserved ticket%26quot;.





Just show up well before the departure time at the station, buy your ticket, get in the appropriate boarding line, and board the bus.




|||



I went to Florenc bus station one day before and bought the ticket to/from Cesky Krumlov.




|||



You can buy it beforehand or you can buy it on the bus. The advantage of buying it beforehand is that you skip the queue. I%26#39;m not sure about the return ticket, but you might be able to get that in Prague as well - I have never reserved a ticket either, either on the bus or the train, so I couldn%26#39;t tell you for sure!




|||



Thank you very much for the replies! As I am going on 21 June which is the 5 petaled rose festival, so I%26#39;m afraid the bus will be too crowded and I%26#39;ll have to stand throughout the 3 hour plus journey. I guess buying one day before should be able to get a seat right?




|||



Phew - to be perfectly honest in that case you will be lucky to get one at all, especially on the direct bus, so try and buy one as soon as you can after you arrive in Prague!



Otherwise you might have to get the train - it takes longer, but there is more space. They may even put on more buses for the occasion as it is quite a popular festival.



You should stay for a couple of nights in CK as well, otherwise you will be in and out and won%26#39;t see much in the time that you would have if you just went for the day. It is not really a place that you can go for a day trip as you will spend most of the day travelling - plus you will miss the fireworks display at night, which is the highlight of the show.




|||



You might try this web site...





http://www.amsbus.cz/cgi-bin/res2/entry





you need to sign up first, and it looks like you can



reserve and also purchase tickets online




|||



Thanks GCEK and Avalon! I hope I can purchase online as it%26#39;s only available 15 days before departure date!




|||



Then you want to get online 14 days 23 hours and 59 minutes bewfore you go :)




|||



Lol :) I shall set a reminder for this then. Thanks!




|||



I have a friend in Krumlov. I am going there April 16, 2008. He told me about this new web site: www.studentagency.cz they are brand new busses! and even serve drinks. It is 160 czk round trip. Site is available in many languages and you can order online. I also stay at his pension--nostalgie pension. Right in the heart of town! Anyone who is going to Krumlov will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment