Saturday, April 21, 2012

First Visit to Prague.

My husband and I are going to Prague as an Anniversary for 3 nights in April and as this is our first trip can anyone let me know what is the best things to see and do.Any recommendations for Restaurants and Bars.What is the best area for nightlife.



We were looking at staying at St.George Hotel which I was told was central.Otherwise I have two more Hotels in mind and at good rates i.e Clarion Congress Hotel and Corinthia Panorama Hotel both 4 stars.



I suppose what I am trying to decide is it best to have a 3 star Hotel central or a 4 star Hotel -3 or 4 miles from Prague.





Any help would be much appreciated.





Thank You.






|||



We have stayed at the St George ,it isnt what I would call central ..10 mins walk to Wencelas Sq and a good 20 mins plus to Charles Bridge for somewhere 4 star and central I recommend the Modra Ruze .



TORII




|||



From my own experience the St George staff are very rude. The Clarion is not as far out as the C Panorama and is closer to the Metro AND you can easily use the tram too.




|||



The area around Old Town Square, especially Dlouha Street area, is good for bars, night life and restaurants.





I have a blog on food and drink in Prague -- places I go -- you can look through:





http://czechoutchannel.blogspot.com/




|||



Hi Guys , Happy Easter.



Torii




|||



Ventana is right in Old Town Square. Friendliest staff I%26#39;ve ever had. They have a room with a balcony that looks right out on the Tyn Towers and Old Town. Great botique hotel for an anniversary.





Close to everything.




|||



Thanks, luggageinhand (love that moniker!) for that tip. I was just beginning to plan a trip to Prague, looking for a centrally located hotel and there you are! I will start with your suggestion. Thanks-Sandy




|||



Try The Cloisters. Easy walk to all the sights; right in the middle of everything. I wouldn%26#39;t want to stay in or close to Weneslaus Square. My personal preference. The desk people at the Cloisters can hook you up with bus tours (only take an hour and get you familiar with the area).





Said this before on TA forums, but I did enjoy the Pub Crawl (Evening Event). Learned about it from the hotel. Met some really nice people.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment