Saturday, April 21, 2012

toilets in Prague

Please advise on location of Public toilets in Prague.



Clean?



Safe?





Thanks




|||



there are quite a few public toilets all over the city all usually marked by WC,cost does vary but usually 5-10 crowns.never found any that were too bad.



They were building a new toilet block in the castle area when i was viviting last May ,I presume that is finished now..



I don%26#39;t know what public toilets are like in Australia but certainly the one in Prague are no worse and no better than the ones in Britain.




|||



You will usually find public toilets in metro stations and they cost around 5 CZK. The new shopping centers in the center of Prague have toilets that are clean, modern and free.




|||



From personal experience I have always found the public loos in Prague to be clean as the majority have people charging a small fee f0r you to use them in turn they are kept clean .There are 2 public loos in old town square ,Tyn church and behind the clock also all the Department stores have them ,Marks and Spencers ,Tesco ,Kotvas etc and all the malls have them .




|||



I expect there is McDonalds in Prague, we always look out for them on city breaks for good clean toilets.





I notice some eat food here too, can%26#39;t think why:-)





Stoofer




|||



Thanks everyone.





Stoofer_ LOL re Maccas, although I couldn%26#39;t deny partaking occasionally. Prefer to do a local thing, avoiding any sort of chain place when visiting even nearby here.



Thanks, everyone- the necessities of life!!!




|||



I prefer not to use chain places either, but when nature calls, such places really come into their own - put back into them what they serve to other people, I say :)




|||



if you go to toilet at McDonalds, you pay 5CZK and you get a token of the same amount, which you can use when paying your meal later. So go to the toilet before you eat, haha. Btw in Athens, you can enter McD toilet only with a unique code which is printed on your bill. I wonder why it is different in every country.




|||



Combine the sightseeing with a pub crawl and save yourself the public toilet fees.



I did notice that the main toilet block at the castle is ultra-modern and free, so if you can hang on till you get there it`s well worth it.




|||



Thanks everyoe for suggestions.





While I am still very young (Hey, I%26#39;m in my fifties! and my mother is only 86) the pub crawl thing probably isn%26#39;t going to happen! LOL




|||



Hey - you%26#39;d be surprised - just wait until you get some of that Czech beer down the old girl :)



My mum (who is no spring chicken herself) came over for my birthday a couple of years ago and before she knew it she had necked ten of them without any obvious side effects ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment