Tuesday, April 17, 2012

better to stay in mala strana or old town?

My friends and I are trying to decide whether to stay in mala strana or old town in renting apartments. What%26#39;s the tradeoff between either area?




|||



Personal opinon from one 4 day visit,





if you are good walkers, I don%26#39;t think it matters too much. Try and stay near to the river then you can walk, both sides of river have positives %26amp; negatives. Trams easy anyway. Mala seemed to be much quieter at night, Old Town easy reach of many of the tourist beer halls and more local pub choices, shops etc.





If I had to choose it would be Old Town, but I%26#39;d always be walking away from it to eat and drink.



If I found a better deal in Mala, the location would not stop me taking it.





Stoofer




|||



thanks for the reply.. I%26#39;m actually thinking about this place which seems somewhat in between.





apartments-in-prague.org/rental-apartments-i…





and its quoted for $162 a night for 4 people in June I believe (not quite a bad deal I think).




|||



Hey! Coincidence, we stayed on Betlemska, one street away:-)





I know the street reffered to, walked along it a few times.





I can%26#39;t comment on the apartments but you won%26#39;t be disapointed with location. A1 IMO. It%26#39;s quiet street but just 300 yds from the Charles Bridge. You%26#39;ll walk opposite direction through Betlemska quite often and it%26#39;s all nice area. You are equidistant from everywhere you want to go. 100 yds from good pubs.





Stoofer




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 24, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment