Thursday, April 19, 2012

just got back from Prague-trip report

We just came back from our Eastern-Europe trip, we spent 2 weeks in the Czech Republic, Poland and in Hungary. We had a wonderful time in both and the Czech Republic, especially Prague and Cesky Krumlov were the highlights of our trip.



As we were reading a lot here we thought to make a report here about our trip, I%26#39;ll leave one post at the Hungary and at the Poland section too. So first of all we stayed in Pargue at the Castle Steps, it was really nice and central, the stuff was helpful and we had a lovely view from our apartment, I highly recommend it. We ate a few times at the famous U Karnovci restaurant, it was nice and the prices were decent. We also liked the Hradzin district a lot and the Charles Bridge. We took a one day trip to Kutna Hora, which was really nice too, and worth the visit. We spent a night in Karlovy Vary, which was one of the best places I ever been too. We used the OrangeWays between Prague and Budapest to where we continued our trip to. It was 15Euros one way each and they served coffee, tea at the bus and we got to see some Hungarian films...:) In general Czech people are friendly, but not too many people spoke english, it%26#39;s more german speaking I guess..




|||



Benedichte - Glad you had a good trip. I will be visiting Prague in late May for 3 nights. I am thinking about going to Karlovy Vary. I know you can take the bus directly from the airport. How did you get there and how long did it take? Where did you stay. I know we will only be in Prague for a short time but I am having a hard time deciding on the trip to Karlovy Vary. Appreciate your help.




|||



Good to hear about your trip! Sounds like you had a great time. I find the Czech Republic more enjoyable the more you get out into the country. While I love Prague I love the rural areas even more. Castle Steps is a nice place, isn%26#39;t it? Great location. Kutna Hora is interesting and unique but I must admit I%26#39;m not a fan of Karlovy Vary. Many are, however. Thank goodness everyone has his/her unique tastes! Cesky Krumlov is a wonderful little gem, especially in the evenings when most people have left. Glad you got to see it.





Many of the castles are wonderful with great vistas. Several are almost deserted - so tranquil, peaceful and contemplative, surrounded by forest and lakes. Another of my favourite parts of the country is the rugged Cesky Raj, north of Prague. Incredible geography and landscape.





I look forward to reading about Poland and Hungary - they are my next destinations for 2008.





Thanks for posting! I want to return now more than ever! :)




|||



We are also going to Prague, Budapest and Poland for two weeks in April. Thank you for the information about Prague and Budapest (from your other post). I was wondering if you could provide more details about your bus trip and if this is a good way to see the country side instead of the train? This is our first trip to this part of Europe and we really want to use the travel period between cities to see the country.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment