Sunday, April 15, 2012

First Time to Prague

Hello All,





Going to Prague on 19th April for 2 nights with the missus to escape the kids for the weekend :o). Can%26#39;t wait to take a good look around and see this great city (and I%26#39;ve heard its the law in Prague to sample the beer so I%26#39;ll HAVE to do that too).





As I%26#39;m a massive football fan I wanted some recommendations on were will be showing the N****tle V Sunderland game as I%26#39;ve heard that Prague has a few Sports Bars. I want to do the traditional bars as much as possible (tourist / wine bars are all the same to me) but for these 90 minutes of football I will sacrifice cheaper beer for the love of my team.





Thanks in advance for your help.





By the way, this is a great forum.





Dean




|||



http://www.classiccitybrew.com/prague.html



this will give you agood insight into several traditional bars,beerhalls and micro breweries,many also serve very good food too.



Legends is a great place to watch the sport and prices are not too bad,the food there is ok too,can recommend the steak sandwich and the burgers.



http://www.legends.cz/




|||



Thanks unclegus





Your help is much appreciated and Legends looks like it could be the place for hopefully my moment of glory. Have been to Prague this year or are you going some time soon?




|||



My last trip was May 2007 but have been to Prague many other times,don%26#39;t have time for a trip to Prague this year,doing a fair but in Scotland and then have a 2 week tour of the Baltic States in September,then a trip to Portugal end of November (hopefully my neice will be taking part in the World Down%26#39;s Syndrome swimming chapionships there).So no time or money for Prague.



My nephew was over visiting a few months ago and loved Legends and Rocky O%26#39;Reilly%26#39;s,but he is only 20 so what does he know?



http://www.rockyoreillys.cz/index_full.html




|||



You sound like a busy man. Have fun and enjoy yourself and thanks for the info. By the way is Edinburgh a good night out. Its only about 2 hours from where I am.




|||



you might have to ask someone younger than myself about Edinburgh being a good night out,but the city center area is of similar size to Prague with lots of good pubs and plenty of trendy bars and night clubs.no cheap beer to be had,expect to pay in the region of £3/pint.



of course you can always come and see a decent football team.Heart of Midlothian play in the city as well as Hibernian but to see a decent team you will have to watch the Telly!




|||



I might get up to see your team soon. I%26#39;ve heard a rumour that the Craig Gordon deal included a preseason game between Sunderland and Hearts. I hope its true, good excuse to watch football and visit a nice city. I%26#39;ve done the Caledonian run up there but never done a night. I%26#39;ll have to try and get through after Prague.





Take Care and thanks again





Dean




|||



Pub food and the restaurants can be pricey. After the game (of course), get out of old town and the tourist areas. Eat and shop in the neighborhoods. You%26#39;ll save money and enjoy great food!




|||



Thanks Globe2, I plan on trying a mainly the non-tourist areas as much as possible, but I may have to sacrifice this for 90 mins and put up with being ripped off (or sip the same beer for and hour and a half)




|||



Praguers and football - your ears will ring for days after watching a game in a sports bar. You can%26#39;t understand a word being hollered, but you know exactly what they%26#39;re saying. Have a great trip!




|||



the george and dragon in the corner of old town square will no doubt show the game and rip you off.



but isnt it a contradiction of terms



sunderland and football fan.



i mean you only managed to beat us 1-0 in the cup a couple of years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment