Thursday, April 19, 2012

First time in Prague

I am visiting Prague for the first time in three weeks and would really like to have some restaurant recommendations and advice as to what is traditional Czech food as I love to go %26quot;native%26quot;. Hopefully recent TA visitors can point me in the right direction.




|||



Here%26#39;s a blog about restaurants where I eat in Prague. I%26#39;m not so into Czech cuisine, but there are a few like Olympia and Deminka.





http://czechoutchannel.blogspot.com/




|||



My favorite restaurant is Restaurant Il Certa. Address Nerudova 4. Tel# 257.531.526.27.





I think Il Certa means %26#39;the devil%26#39;. There%26#39;s giant devil statue outside the place. Apparently the devil is regarded as a messenger of temptation in Prague.





The food is DELICIOUS. I ate there three times: Goose leg, Boar%26#39;s leg, Goulash, Garlic Soup. In Prague, at very least have the garlic soup. Outstanding.





I promise you%26#39;ll enjoy it! Usually some type of succulent meat with delicate dumplings, and savoury sauce. Ate at many places, but Il Certa was hands down my favorite for Czech cuisine.





Bon appetite!




|||



its U CERTA I guess, meant something like At devil%26#39;s




|||



If you go anywhere out of city you may come across czech cusine in restaurants. Dont let anyone kid you about central restaurants offering traditional czech food.




|||



I know I will get my head chopped off for this...but we really liked the food outside U Prince on the square. The butterfish and steak and even there salads were really good. Plus the view is amazing.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment