Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ave Bicycle Tours

We are contemplating a guided cycling tour in Czech Republic and are wondering if any one has had experience with the Ave Bicycle Tour company?




|||



Hi cycle 2006, I see that you didnt get a response when you posted this, so I am hoping with this post to generate some new interest. The reason for this is that I am currently lookiing at booking a tour with the company and am interested in any feedback, interest, experiences from any previous customers.





So if anyone has any information, that would be appreciated.




|||



Were you thinking of traveling with them this year? I%26#39;m taking a trip with them in September. I can let you know what I think when I get back.




|||



At this stage I was deciding between July and October 2008, with current suggestions stating that the best time to travel was July due to more daylight hours. However that also brings it into the high season. But even though my dates are way different to yours, I am still very keen for any personal views, experiences and suggestions, so I would look forward to your advice. Happy riding!!!




|||



My husband and I are thinking about an unguided trip, possibly between Prague and Dresden with Ave or with Topbicylcle in late April. Any advice or experience would be most welcome. I%26#39;m a little worried about doing a multi-day unguided trip that we may end up biking a zillion miles in the rain and cold, being forced to press on to the next town where we have lodging reservations. But maybe if April isn%26#39;t that crowded we could reschedule lodging if necessary. Also, Cesky Krumlov sounds gorgeous and seems more appealing than Dresden. However, I believe it%26#39;s a bit farther and hillier (not to mention that I don%26#39;t know whether there are bike paths).




|||



Hi,



here is George from Ave travel company.



Few advices:



1. In April it is sometimes cold and rainy weather in our country. It may even freeze in night. During the day the temperature is around 15°C=59°F but it can be 50°F as well. GO LATER if yu can.



2. I reccomend you to take any guided tour - according to your interest in places to see. You wright about Cesky Krumlov. You can see it at Prague-Vienna tour (one night only). Or at Unesco Heritage tour (2 nights). Comfort at these tours is probably important for you if you are afraid of getting in the next town.



3. Top Bicycle doesn%26#39;t offer Dresden - Prague this year.



5. I reccomend you to take a guided tour Prague-Dresden-Prague from May 12 till May 19 2008. It costs 890€ per pers. in double room + 70€ rental of a bike.



6. If you wish to get contact to our last years clients, please write us your e-mail address and they may reply to you (we can%26#39;t give you their address)



Best regards



drbohlav@avetravel.cz




|||



Hi, I took Prague - Vienna tour with AVE Travel in September 2007. It took us 8 days and we had a lot of fun. Besides Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Telc which are on UNESCO heritage list we stop at Mikulov for two nights. We had wine testing at wine cellar in this neat town.



Our guide Ondra as well as Jindra, a driver of support vehicle were great, friendly and willing to solve any possible problem. I hope to take another their tour once again. Peter




|||



Try looking up biketoursdirect.com, or keymove.net. Both these sites offer tours through the Czech Republic. Good luck, I might even see you on the road!!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment