Thursday, April 12, 2012

Passport Expiration rules

Does anyone know Czech Republics rule on passport expiration? Ive heard a lot of people saying certain countries will not allow passports that expire 6 months after the return date of travel? Is this true? My fiances passport expires in February 09, and we are traveling to Prague end of September 08. I feel as though he should renew, but he doesnt believe me that this has been a problem for other travelers. Can anyone verify?




|||



As I understand it non-EU/EEA nationals are required to have a minimum of 3 months left on their passports to be allowed to enter the Czech Republic (EU/EEA nationals are only required to provide evidence of their nationality and identity).




|||



The wife of a friend just came back from Prague two weeks ago and had this problem (the 6 month rule). Her passport was expiring in 3 months or so. So she had to renew her passport in Germany (where her flight was connecting) before continuing to Czech Republic.




|||



Hi I had a similar concern but when I checked with my airline they told me you needed 90 days, not six months so you might be ok. Check the small print on your airline tickets, it might have a similar guideline?



I still needed to get mine renewed, but it was back within two weeks..




|||



Yes, there is a six-month rule. My mum was not allowed to fly out from the UK to Prague because she had less than six months left on her passport. Definitely get it renewed.




|||



Just to add to my previous post - my mum had the problem before the Czech Republic joined the EU. As you are coming from the States, it would be best to either check with the airline (British Airways, not customs and immigration, were the ones who stopped my mum coming over), or the Czech embassy over there.




|||



Here%26#39;s what the US Department of State say about passport validity requirements for US nationals entering the Czech Republic.





…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1099.html




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment